Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
[Mono][MacOS] Cannot Distribute MacOS Builds - codesign errors on MonoBleedingEdge framework
1. Download attached project "TestMacOSNotarization 2.zip"
2. Setup MacOS distribution certificate from the apple developer site
3. Open the terminal and navigate to project folder
4. Type this command in the terminal:
chmod -R a+xr /Users/*username*/Downloads/TestMacOSNotarization/TestBuild.app
5. Then type this command
codesign -f --deep -s '3rd Party Mac Developer Application:*developer ID*' --entitlements "/Users/*username*/Downloads/TestMacOSNotarization/FFF.entitlements" "/Users/*username*/Downloads/TestMacOSNotarization/TestBuild.app"
Expected: the app is cosigned successfully, no errors are thrown into the terminal
Actual: getting this error in the terminal:
"/Users/*username*/Downloads/TestMacOSNotarization/TestBuild.app: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
In subcomponent: /Users/*username*/Downloads/TestMacOSNotarization/TestBuild.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoBleedingEdge/etc/mono/2.0"
2019.2.0b1 2019.2.0f1 2019.3.0a1 2019.3.0a11
Not reproduced on:
2018.4.6f1 2019.1.0f1 2019.1.14f1 2019.2.0a14
- When building on a different version with different app name, in given terminal commands change "TestBuild" to your selected name or save the new app using "TestBuild" name
- Reproduced on Mono
- Doesn't reproduce with IL2CPP
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build