Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2.0f3
[Occlusion culling] Performance spike in Culling when Camera is not rendering every frame
1. Download and open the repro project form the attached link
2. Open and play the "CorridorDemo" scene (Assets\Scenes)
3. Check in the profiler, that ever 2 seconds, when FakeCamera calls to Render function, it shows a performance spike on Culling call
- When on "FakeCamera" Culling Mask is set only to "water" layer there aren't any spikes. Spikes are about from 5 ms to 18 ms.
- This culling spike problem relates to realtime reflection probes as well. Performance spikes are higher about 10 ms when realtime reflection probe (set to render all elements) is rendered faster than every 0.5 s.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Audio is not properly occluded when using Steam Audio
- Material changes are not tracked properly when using recursive rendering
- [NavMesh Components] Walkable Area randomly appearing on non-walkable meshes
- Test Runner Window. 'Open source code' on a test method containing 'yield return' doesn't work
- Editor crashes after a while of playing