Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
[Occlusion culling] Performance spike in Culling when Camera is not rendering every frame
1. Download and open the repro project form the attached link
2. Open and play the "CorridorDemo" scene (Assets\Scenes)
3. Check in the profiler, that ever 2 seconds, when FakeCamera calls to Render function, it shows a performance spike on Culling call
- When on "FakeCamera" Culling Mask is set only to "water" layer there aren't any spikes. Spikes are about from 5 ms to 18 ms.
- This culling spike problem relates to realtime reflection probes as well. Performance spikes are higher about 10 ms when realtime reflection probe (set to render all elements) is rendered faster than every 0.5 s.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Aug 19, 2020 13:09
good one <a href="https://www.lyricsauto.com">lyricsauto</a>
Jul 11, 2020 12:51
Tried this and it worked. Thanks for sharing. <a href="https://www.beststampedconcrete.com/naples.html">fort myers stamped concrete"</a>
Dec 16, 2019 17:20
Why doesn't it work in my end?
Oct 01, 2019 12:15
Your actual writings capabilities are good. You've got to publish even more.
Jul 12, 2017 03:33
In which release is this issue fixed? It is appearing on the "Known issues" list for 2017.2
Feb 23, 2017 11:54
Occurs in Unity 5.5.0p3.
And the cpu consume is always high.
Dec 16, 2016 14:29
Seeing this in 5.4.1f as well
Apr 12, 2016 12:24
I'm getting spikes that drop CPU below 30FPS Unity 5.3.4f1 (64 - bit) In profiler found under Camera.Render->Culling->SceneCulling.
Also off subject slightly, Canvas.Buildbatch for the UI develops these game stopping spikes.
I've only just noticed these today as i've been waiting for Unity 5.3.5 to be released;I've been told this version will fix the Physics spikes that lag the hell out of my game.
There sure are a lot of bugs
Feb 11, 2016 18:12
This issue still persists on Unity version 5.3.2p3.
Culling is frequently spiking above 90ms which is constantly stalling our game.
Feb 10, 2016 21:37
There is a long thread about this, it seems to be a more general threading problem, where "WaitingForJobs" is causing occasional hangs.
See @LeonH's comment here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/occlusion-culling-cpu-spike-in-profiler.314978/#post-2347076
And yes it happens in an empty scene too. See my comment here: