Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Calling VideoPlayer.Prepare and VideoPlayer.StepForward produces a frame on a Render Texture
1. Open attached project "videoplayer" and load Scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Click "Prepare" and "StepForward" in the Game view
Expected result: No frames show up in the Game View
Actual result: A new frame gets produced every time "StepForward" is pressed
Reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.4.21f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2021.1.0b8, 2021.2.0a6
Could not test with: 2021.2.0a7 (UI breaks and starts glitching the Game View)
- Comment from the developers:
Unless VideoPlayer.Play() or VideoPlayer.Pause() have been called, there should be no frame produced ever. So any seek that is done beforehand, whether VideoPlayer.Prepare has been called or not, should not put new content in the RenderTexture. This is the case when seeking by setting VideoPlayer.frame or VideoPlayer.time, but not with VideoPlayer.StepForward(). The fact that the frame shows up before calling VideoPlayer.Play() is not as per requirements.
- Video of the reproduction is attached
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- URP Particle SimpleLit is missing #pragma multi_compile _ LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING
- Full screen renderer feature does not work with stencil
- Glob function isn't working with TextureImporter in Preset Manager
- [HDRP] New project has unsaved changes when creating a project from HDRP templates
- Some pixels fail to render when using Depth Priming