Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
Calling BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles() from IPreprocessBuild.OnPreprocessBuild callback crashes Unity
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Try to build for Windows standalone
Result: On build IPreprocessBuild.OnPreprocessBuild will be called and it will try to call BuildAssetBundles() which will result in a crash
Reproduced on: 5.6.1f1, 2017.1.0f3, 2017.2.0b2
Fixed in: 2017.3.0a
Instead of crashing, throws an error/warning while building (which is expected behaviour):
InvalidOperationException: Building AssetBundles while building player is not allowed, if you need to build bundles as part of a build, create a custom build script.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Turn off perfomance samplers for samplers disabled in Profiler window
- [PLM] Changing Indirect Intensity values don't affect light probes
- [Facebook] FileNotFound exception when switching SDK.
- Editor crashes after assigning Light Probe Group to Anchor Override Parameter
- Error adding a delegate using EventInfo.AddEventHandler on AOT targets