Search Issue Tracker
Building on top of old build while its output_log.txt is open causes build to fail
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create new project
2. Build and run
3. Once resolution selection screen launches - close it
4. Navigate to _data folder located in same folder as build executable
5. open output_log.txt
6. Return to editor and do build and run to overwrite previous build
7. Build fails. Contents of previous build are deleted (.exe and all items that were in _data folder)
Not reproducible: 5.4.5p2
5.5.0f3 (has somewhat useful error: OperationCanceledException: Failed to prepare target build directory. Is a built game instance running?)
5.5.3p3 (no warning or error)
5.6.1f1 (no warning or error)
2017.1.0b4 (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Build failed with errors.
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x001b9] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:162
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00050] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:83 )
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Chrome66: no longer playing integrated audio
- Chrome65 deprecation warning: AudioParam value setter will become equivalent to AudioParam.setValueAtTime()
- Turn off stats collection for areas hidden in Profiler window
- [PLM] Changing Indirect Intensity values don't affect light probes
- [Facebook] FileNotFound exception when switching SDK.