Search Issue Tracker
Breaking merge conflicts when creating a nested prefab while the parent prefab has been modified somewhere else
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project on the master, create prefab A. Create a few children on this prefab.
2. Checkout to new branch_one, modify something on a child of A.
3. Checkout back to master, check out to new branch_two, and create a prefab B from the same child that was modified in step 2, which will become a nested prefab.
4. Checkout back to master, check out to new branch_merge.
5. Merge in branch_one
6. Merge in branch_two
Actual result: "UnityYAMLMerge error" appears
Expected result: Conflict is resolved successfully
Reproducible with: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.13f1, 2020.1.11f1, 2020.2.0b9, 2021.1.0a2
- This project needs UnityYAMLMerge to reproduce
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"