Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X
[Bolt] GUI Text Width is not calculated correctly when moving from one Resolution to another and GUIStyle uses Word Wrap
please follow case 1096878 for back ports, are the underlying issue/fix is the same (@etiennec)
1. Download the attached project "Word wrap bug.zip" and open in Unity - make sure you have two Displays with different Resolutions
2. Select "Here!.asset" from Assets folder in Project window
3. In Inspector click "Edit Graph" button
4. In opened Flow Graph window zoom to 1x
5. Observe that Texts in Units fits correctly no matter what Zoom value is
5. Drag Flow Graph window or whole Unity Editor to second Display
Expected result: The Texts in Units fits correctly
Actual result: The Texts in Units does not Wrap correctly and sometimes gets cut off completely
- This issue appears on both Windows and macOS
- I successfully reproduced this issue when dragging Flow Graph window or whole Unity Editor from 2560 x 1440 Display to 5120 x 2880 Display
- Link to the Forum: https://support.ludiq.io/communities/5/topics/2204-flickering-not-fully-visible-texts-on-units#comment-8044
- Workaround: Move the Zoom in slider just a little to decrease the value
- This issue might be related to this issue: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/high-dpi-gui-text-width-not-calculated-correctly-when-guistyle-uses-word-wrap
Reproduced on Unity 2018.1.0a5, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.12f1, 2018.3.0b6 and 2019.1.0a5
Not reproduced on Unity 2017.4.13f1 and 2018.1.0a4
Regression on Unity 2018.1.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Jul 11, 2020 03:49
Unity that will work through the communities with data and parts with the assets store to read on it that was good. Codes that can be used on this will work at http://teacherhabits.com/5-effective-techniques-for-improving-student-performance-with-the-help-of-psychology/ this can present the whole data with the facts or used to be run with compiler and show results.
Jan 07, 2019 19:46
Hi, Bolt developer here!
We still haven't been able to reproduce this internally on our development machines, but from the reports, it seems directly related to resolution and scaling. We are getting frequent reports from:
- 4K displays and High-DPI screens (> 96 DPI)
- Scaled up text (from the Windows display settings, e.g. 125%, 150%, 175%)
Also, our users do not report having to move the window between two resolutions for the bug to occur. It appears to be constantly there on their screen/display/resolution setup.
Hope that can help you isolate it!