Search Issue Tracker
Third Party Issue
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
"Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file" error is thrown when .blend file is imported
"Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file" error is thrown when .blend file is imported and Blender 3.0.0 is the default version for opening .blend files
How to reproduce:
1. Ensure that Blender is not installed
2. Install and run Blender 2.93 (https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.93/)
3. Save the file (File > Save As) and close Blender
4. Create a new Unity project
5. Import the saved .blend file into the project
6. Install and run Blender 3.0.0 (https://www.blender.org/download/)
7. Open the saved .blend file and ensure it was opened with Blender 3.0.0 (Blender logo in the top-left toolbar > About Blender)
8. In the Unity project's Project window, right-click the .blend file and select "Reimport"
9. Inspect the Console window (Window > General > Console)
Expected result: No errors are seen in the Console
Actual result: "Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file. " error is seen in the Console
Reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.26f1, 2021.2.8f1, 2022.1.0b4, 2022.2.0a2
Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file.
You need to use Blender 2.45-2.49 or 2.58 and later versions for direct Blender import to work.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fields are not focused correctly when using UI Builder
- UNITY_SERVER scripting define does not work when switching to Dedicated Server from Windows by script
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration