Search Issue Tracker
"Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file" error is thrown when .blend file is imported
"Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file" error is thrown when .blend file is imported and Blender 3.0.0 is the default version for opening .blend files
How to reproduce:
1. Ensure that Blender is not installed
2. Install and run Blender 2.93 (https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.93/)
3. Save the file (File > Save As) and close Blender
4. Create a new Unity project
5. Import the saved .blend file into the project
6. Install and run Blender 3.0.0 (https://www.blender.org/download/)
7. Open the saved .blend file and ensure it was opened with Blender 3.0.0 (Blender logo in the top-left toolbar > About Blender)
8. In the Unity project's Project window, right-click the .blend file and select "Reimport"
9. Inspect the Console window (Window > General > Console)
Expected result: No errors are seen in the Console
Actual result: "Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file. " error is seen in the Console
Reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.26f1, 2021.2.8f1, 2022.1.0b4, 2022.2.0a2
Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file.
You need to use Blender 2.45-2.49 or 2.58 and later versions for direct Blender import to work.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"
- [Mobile] System.Convert.ToSingle throws exception when using specific language on device