Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[Billboard][MassPlaceTrees] Billboards are cut after mass placing more than 10k trees on terrain
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. Create new project;
3. Import attached package;
4. Open 'testBillboards' scene;
5. Select Terrain gameobject in the Hierarchy view;
6. Go to 'Place Trees' tab in the Inspector;
7. Click 'Edit Trees' -> Add Tree button;
8. Add 'Broadleaf_Desktop' tree;
9. Click 'Mass Place Trees' button;
10. Input any number bigger than 10k to 'Number of Trees' field (e.g. '20000');
11. Click 'Place' button;
12. Move the viewpoint away form terrain.
Tree billboards are cut (see attached actual.png screenshot);
Tree billboards should not be cut after mass placing trees (see attached expected.png screenshot).
- Reproduces on 5.5.0b5;
- Reproduces on Windows 10 and OSX 10.11.6;
- Reproduces in both Scene and Game Views;
- Reproduces in both Editor and Standalone build;
- Also reproduces for tree creator prefabs, having billboards;
- Seems not to repro for <10000 billboards.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated