Search Issue Tracker
Base class ContexMenu() function atribute don't work in Derived classes. Does not show up in inspector.
1. Open "BugRepro" project
2. Select "GameObject" in Hierarchy
3. In Inspector right click on "BaseClass" component
4. Notice that there is "Call function" option
5. Right Click on "DerrivedClass" component
6. Notice that there is no additional options
Note: "DerrivedClass" is derrived class of "BaseClass". "BaseClass" contains method "Function" with ContextMenu("Call function") atribute.
Expected behaviour: Derrived classes contains the same ContextMenu() created additional options.
Actual result: Derrived classes cannot call base class methods with ContextMenu() atribute from Inspector. It does not show up.
Reproduced on Unity 5.6.0a1, 5.6.0a6, 5.6.0b1
Did not reproduce on Unity 5.3.7p2, 5.4.3p3, 5.5.0p1
Regression introduced in 5.6.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] PointerEventData.pointerId value is incorrect when pressing a finger on the screen
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version