Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.41f1
[Backport] [Previews] Prefab preview is not updating when change Material color
this bug happens on 2020.3 and 2021.1,
in 2021.2 and 2022.1 it is fixed.
Reimporting Prefab or Prefab +Material doesn't update the preview, also restarting Editor doesn't update it. The only thing that updates preview to proper Material color is Reimport All.
How can we reproduce it
1 Create new 3D project
2 In scene create Cube and drag and drop it to Project Browser to get a Prefab
3 In Project Browser create new Material
4 Assign created Material to the Cube Prefab
5 Change Material color
6 Save by pressing Ctrl+S and observe Prefab's preview
7 Change Material color again
8 Save by pressing Ctrl+S and observe Prefab's preview
Actual results: on Step 8 and sometimes on Step 6 the Prefab's preview is not updated with Material color
Expected results: both on Step 8 and Step 6 the Prefab's preview should be updated with Material color
Reproduces on: 2020.2.0f1, 2020.3.0f1, 2020.3.19f1, 2020.3.20f1, 2021.1.21f1, 2021.1.25f1, 2021.2.0a4,
Not reproduces: 2021.2.0a5, 2021.2.0a7, 2021.2.0a9, 2021.2.0b2, 2022.1.0a12
so it was fixed by some change that landed in 2021.2.0a5,
and since 2020.3 is LTS we should backport that fix
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform