Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Automatic "Hold on, busy" dialog makes it very hard to exit play mode if Update() takes too long
If you manage to make Update() take a "very long time" (like >3s) in play mode, then it's almost impossible to exit the play mode since the "busy" dialog keeps on popping up. "The problem is that if, and when, it pops up, and if your Update() takes too long every frame, you have absolutely no way to exit play mode. The only option is to task kill Unity".
Forum thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/application-updatescene-when-modifying-textures.944113/#post-6180003
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Jun 09, 2022 12:23
Still having the issue in 2021.3.0
Feb 27, 2022 06:24
To solve that huge bug or something like that try this. Go edit\preferences\. Then change the value of busy progress delay to 10 or 15. You can increase this value if you are using a low-end computer.
Aug 05, 2021 13:22
Yes. It killing me. Sometimes 30 minutes and I want to kill process using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Still the same 20 years Microsoft is connecting with Unity lol
Jun 10, 2021 15:49
I also have this issue it shows "hold on" For a long time and my pc stuck at this
Apr 30, 2021 02:06
edit/Preferences/General/Auto Refresh disabled
Mar 17, 2021 10:10
How to resolve this hold on issue? plz help me.
Nov 03, 2020 21:24
Yes, this drives me crazy
Oct 04, 2020 09:19
yes, I only imported 9k mesh verts, but 'hold on' can take up to 10 minutes