Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
Audio position doesn't keep up with physics movement
An audio source that moves as part of setup in physics does not update correctly, and ends up trailing behind the position of the audio listener.
1. Open the attached project
2. Run the scene Scene_UpdateMovement
3. Observe the audio volume remains constant as the 'player' is moved in Update
4. Repeat in the scenes Scene_FixedUpdateMovement and/or Scene_PhysicsMovement
5. Observe that the audio gets quieter as the player moves faster and faster. Selecting the audio source show the Listener in the graph view as drifting further and further away, but the Transform in the scene always stays the same distance
High speed physics movement shouldn't cause the audio listener to think it's getting further away.
Reproducible in versions 5.3.7f1 (c347874230fb), 5.4.2p4 (e59bdccd995f), 5.5.0b11 (03364468e96e), in-Editor and in-build.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Second Hierarchy window is focused when creating object in main Hierarchy
- Editor crashes when deleting in-use SpeedTree Terrain assets
- Error CS0266 when using Implicit operator to convert Nullable<> struct to non-nullable
- [UWP] Ping doesn't work and an exception is thrown when Ping.isDone
- Unity Editor crashes when importing obj file with large dimensions