Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 2017.2
Audio position doesn't keep up with physics movement
An audio source that moves as part of setup in physics does not update correctly, and ends up trailing behind the position of the audio listener.
1. Open the attached project
2. Run the scene Scene_UpdateMovement
3. Observe the audio volume remains constant as the 'player' is moved in Update
4. Repeat in the scenes Scene_FixedUpdateMovement and/or Scene_PhysicsMovement
5. Observe that the audio gets quieter as the player moves faster and faster. Selecting the audio source show the Listener in the graph view as drifting further and further away, but the Transform in the scene always stays the same distance
High speed physics movement shouldn't cause the audio listener to think it's getting further away.
Reproducible in versions 5.3.7f1 (c347874230fb), 5.4.2p4 (e59bdccd995f), 5.5.0b11 (03364468e96e), in-Editor and in-build.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- Editor crashes on GenerateSharedVerticesIndexList when importing .3ds file