Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 2017.2
Audio position doesn't keep up with physics movement
An audio source that moves as part of setup in physics does not update correctly, and ends up trailing behind the position of the audio listener.
1. Open the attached project
2. Run the scene Scene_UpdateMovement
3. Observe the audio volume remains constant as the 'player' is moved in Update
4. Repeat in the scenes Scene_FixedUpdateMovement and/or Scene_PhysicsMovement
5. Observe that the audio gets quieter as the player moves faster and faster. Selecting the audio source show the Listener in the graph view as drifting further and further away, but the Transform in the scene always stays the same distance
High speed physics movement shouldn't cause the audio listener to think it's getting further away.
Reproducible in versions 5.3.7f1 (c347874230fb), 5.4.2p4 (e59bdccd995f), 5.5.0b11 (03364468e96e), in-Editor and in-build.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
- [UWP] Deploying wrong architecture through device portal ends up running a different app
- [MacOS] Standalone build contains .meta files inside native plugin bundles
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle