Search Issue Tracker
Audio Dropouts are caused by Garbage Collector when large number of objects are allocated, until they are deallocated
1. Open User's project
2. Open "Main" scene
3. Play scene
Note: Game will produce humming sound.
4. Listen for distortions
Note: if project is run on iOS device with Xcode Time profiler:
Observe a 110Hz sinusoid playback and a periodic audible glitch that is preceded by a spike in the Instruments' CPU graph
Note: Single allocation of 400MB will not cause dropouts, whereas having 500 000 smaller allocations will, even if they sum up to significantly smaller amount of total memory.
Expected behaviour: Audio is not interrupted by garbage collector.
Actual result: Garbage Collector causes audio dropouts.
Reproduced on iOS iPad Mini 2 iOS 10.1.1 device and MacOS 10.12.1 standalone
Reproduced on version: Unity 5.3.7p3, 5.4.4p1, 5.5.0p4, 5.6.0b4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- "The page you were looking for doesn't exist" message appears when trying to Sign in using Unity Hub/Editor
- [Regression] Enviroment lighting is broken in the 2017.4.27f1 version
- Usymtool does not support arm64e
- [Addressables] Exception is thrown when accessing AssetReference.Asset before the asset is loaded