Search Issue Tracker
Audio Dropouts are caused by Garbage Collector when large number of objects are allocated, until they are deallocated
1. Open User's project
2. Open "Main" scene
3. Play scene
Note: Game will produce humming sound.
4. Listen for distortions
Note: if project is run on iOS device with Xcode Time profiler:
Observe a 110Hz sinusoid playback and a periodic audible glitch that is preceded by a spike in the Instruments' CPU graph
Note: Single allocation of 400MB will not cause dropouts, whereas having 500 000 smaller allocations will, even if they sum up to significantly smaller amount of total memory.
Expected behaviour: Audio is not interrupted by garbage collector.
Actual result: Garbage Collector causes audio dropouts.
Reproduced on iOS iPad Mini 2 iOS 10.1.1 device and MacOS 10.12.1 standalone
Reproduced on version: Unity 5.3.7p3, 5.4.4p1, 5.5.0p4, 5.6.0b4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- [UI] Float type parameter in the Animator Controller displays 0.0 after being changed to a value <0.05
- Inspector displaying wrong characters when using ANSI encoding and non latin characters in a Shader property
- Error in console when using the progress bar API along with Texture compression