Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
[Audio] __audio_mainthread_check_internal() crashes when trying to load corrupted AudioClips
1. Download attached project “CorruptAudioAssets.zip" and open in Unity
2. Change Platform to iOS, Android or UWP
3. Delete everything in StreamingAssets folder
4. Press CORRUPT ALL AUDIOCLIPS > Corrupt File ID
5. Select piano.wav file
6. Press CORRUPT ALL AUDIOCLIPS > DOWIT!
7. Observe that You got messages in Console such as "Reimported Asset: Assets/piano.wav"
8. Click on piano.wav asset and You will get Error in Console:
Error: Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource library/metadata/b9/b9c5ad3eca0bd478f8181be62f142186.resource, (Unsupported file or audio format. )
9. Press Build > AssetBundles
10. Build & Run for selected Platform
Expected results: After Splash Screen you will see spinning Cube
Actual results: After Splash Screen Built Project crashes
- This issue appears on iOS, UWP, and Android - Mono and IL2CP
- For some reason, this issue does not appear on Windows and macOS Standalone - Mono and IL2CPP
- Stack traces from iOS and UWP are shared in Comments Section
- iPhone 7 Plus, iOS: 12.0 - Reproduced
- iPhone X, iOS: 11.3.1 - Reproduced
- VLNQA00216, Razer Phone 2 (Phone 2), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630 - Reproduced
Reproduced on 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.19f1, 2018.2.20f1, 2018.3.3f1, 2019.1.0b1 and 2019.2.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] PointerEventData.pointerId value is incorrect when pressing a finger on the screen
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version