Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[Audio] "Assertion failed on expression" is thrown while playing an Audio preview when Unity Audio is disabled
"Assertion failed on expression" is thown while playing an Audio preview when Unity Audio is disabled. In previous versions Unity does not allow to play preview if Unity Audio is disabled in project settings. Refer the attached video
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project
2) Import attached sample audio file
3) Play the Audio preview from Inspector
4) Edit > Project Settings > Audio > Check 'Disable Unity Audio'
Actual result: "Assertion failed on expression" are thrown in console
Expected result: No errors are thrown in console and Audio preview is disabled
Occurring on: 2020.2.0a5, 2020.1.0b4, 2019.3.4f1, 2019.3.0a1
Working fine on: 2019.2.11f1
Environment: Both Windows and Mac
Stack Trace: Assertion failed on expression: '!IsAudioDisabledInStandalone()'
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project