Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Atlas Cache is inconsistent after disabling Sprite Packer and deleting atlases outside Unity Editor
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Build and Run the project (observe that left-side image can't be loaded)
3. Close the Build and the Unity Editor
4. Delete Assets/TestAtlas
5. Open ProjectSettings/EditorSettings.asset with the text editor and modify the line "m_SpritePackerMode: 4" to "m_SpritePackerMode: 0"
6. Open the project again
7. Build and Run the project and observe the image on the left side
Expected result: sprite is correctly rendered
Actual result: sprite is white meaning that it cannot be loaded (although the sprite isn't used in any atlas anymore)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.10f1, 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a17
Could not test with: 2018.4.35f1 (could not downgrade)
Note: Sprite is loaded correctly after deleting "Library/AtlasCache" and "Library/SpriteAtlasDatabase.asset"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Particle System isn't culled off-screen when the Culling Mode is set to Automatic and the Simulation Space is set to World
- Main Player window is moved to the primary display when it's launched on a 3rd monitor and the 2nd monitor is activated
- Crash on Mesh::RecalculateBounds when assigning not enough vertices for two submeshes