Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Atlas Cache is inconsistent after disabling Sprite Packer and deleting atlases outside Unity Editor
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Build and Run the project (observe that left-side image can't be loaded)
3. Close the Build and the Unity Editor
4. Delete Assets/TestAtlas
5. Open ProjectSettings/EditorSettings.asset with the text editor and modify the line "m_SpritePackerMode: 4" to "m_SpritePackerMode: 0"
6. Open the project again
7. Build and Run the project and observe the image on the left side
Expected result: sprite is correctly rendered
Actual result: sprite is white meaning that it cannot be loaded (although the sprite isn't used in any atlas anymore)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.10f1, 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a17
Could not test with: 2018.4.35f1 (could not downgrade)
Note: Sprite is loaded correctly after deleting "Library/AtlasCache" and "Library/SpriteAtlasDatabase.asset"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lowering Cloud Layer channel opacity beyond a certain threshold results in graphical artifact
- [Android 5.1] Player is stuck on splash screen when opening a specific project
- [Linux] Editor crashes at "GeometryBuffersBase::GetRuntimeMemorySize()" after a couple minutes when the Profiler window is open and recording while in Play Mode
- GameObject children move un-accordingly when moving the parent GameObject in the Scene View
- Tags remove option "-" (minus) is active even tag item isn't selected