Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Atlas Cache is inconsistent after disabling Sprite Packer and deleting atlases outside Unity Editor
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Build and Run the project (observe that left-side image can't be loaded)
3. Close the Build and the Unity Editor
4. Delete Assets/TestAtlas
5. Open ProjectSettings/EditorSettings.asset with the text editor and modify the line "m_SpritePackerMode: 4" to "m_SpritePackerMode: 0"
6. Open the project again
7. Build and Run the project and observe the image on the left side
Expected result: sprite is correctly rendered
Actual result: sprite is white meaning that it cannot be loaded (although the sprite isn't used in any atlas anymore)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.10f1, 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a17
Could not test with: 2018.4.35f1 (could not downgrade)
Note: Sprite is loaded correctly after deleting "Library/AtlasCache" and "Library/SpriteAtlasDatabase.asset"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2023.2] HDRP Asset Settings Helper throws a NullReferenceException
- [URP] SubmitRenderRequest with NativeRenderPass + Upscaling doesn't work
- “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” error appears when inserting a double character if using “SetValueWithoutNotify” on UI Toolkit’s TextField
- Particle System emission delays between particle generations when playing the simulation
- EditorUtility.DisplayDialog is not shown when Input.GetMouseButtonDown is called a second time