Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fix In Review for 2020.1
AsyncGPUReadback.Request never releases unused allocated memory
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (case_1234193.zip)
2. Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc on Windows) or Activity Monitor on Mac
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Observe memory usage in Task Manager / Activity Monitor
Expected result: Allocated memory gets automatically freed when it is no longer used
Actual result: Loaded texture is never released, causing a memory leak
Reproduced in: 2020.1.0a19, 2020.1.0b5, 2020.2.0a5
Not reproducible in: 2018.4.20f1, 2019.3.9f1, 2020.1.0a18
Cannot test with: 2017.4.39f1 (AsyncGPUReadback unavailable)
- The issue is reproducible on Metal, Vulkan, D3D11 and D3D12 Graphics APIs.
- Cannot test on OpenGLCore Graphics API since it does not support asynchronous readback
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [Android][IL2CPP] ARM64 Release build fails
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'
- [TMP] [iOS] Password Input Field with Hidden Mobile Input deletes characters after re-focus
- HingeJoint2D do not respect starting angle when enforcing angle limits