Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
Assets used in components of a nested Prefab are counted as direct dependencies of all higher level nested Prefabs
Note: This issue shows a bug in our AssetDatabase.GetDependencies(someFiles, false); (calculating direct dependencies)
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project ("BuildAssetBundles.zip") using the EnvIronman VM (more information in Edit)
2. Select A Prefab in the Project window
3. Select direct dependencies of the A Prefab (Right mouse click -> Select Direct Dependencies)
Expected result: Only B Prefab is selected as a direct dependency
Actual Result: B Prefab and Assets used in Prefab C's components are selected as direct dependencies
Reproducible with: 2018.4.7f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.3f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
The issue was not reproducible until nested Prefabs were introduced in 2018.3.0a6.
The issue can be reproduced using Prefab variants as well.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Flickering orbs appear when using RenderTargetHandle
- UsePass for ShaderLabShader is ignored and GameObjects are not rendered when SRPBatcher is enabled
- Animated model translated down when interrupting a transition
- UI Toolkit text splits when changing PanelSettings scale
- Error "NullReferenceException" is thrown when selecting folders from the folder panel or closing the folder panel with EditorUtility.OpenFolderPanel() in use