Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
Assets used in components of a nested Prefab are counted as direct dependencies of all higher level nested Prefabs
Note: This issue shows a bug in our AssetDatabase.GetDependencies(someFiles, false); (calculating direct dependencies)
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project ("BuildAssetBundles.zip") using the EnvIronman VM (more information in Edit)
2. Select A Prefab in the Project window
3. Select direct dependencies of the A Prefab (Right mouse click -> Select Direct Dependencies)
Expected result: Only B Prefab is selected as a direct dependency
Actual Result: B Prefab and Assets used in Prefab C's components are selected as direct dependencies
Reproducible with: 2018.4.7f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.3f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
The issue was not reproducible until nested Prefabs were introduced in 2018.3.0a6.
The issue can be reproduced using Prefab variants as well.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics Settings RP Asset is changed to None when you press the Escape Key in Object Picker and choose to Continue
- Dedicated Server player crashes on complex HDRP project
- [Mac] Dedicated Server build only decreases Memory usage, CPU time and Build size remain the same as Standalone
- [Linux][Mac] Executing Build And Run with Dedicated Server platform does not open Terminal
- [deprecated] BuildOptions.EnableHeadlessMode needs clearer warning for its conflicts with BuildOptions.subtarget field