Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
Assets used in components of a nested Prefab are counted as direct dependencies of all higher level nested Prefabs
Note: This issue shows a bug in our AssetDatabase.GetDependencies(someFiles, false); (calculating direct dependencies)
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project ("BuildAssetBundles.zip") using the EnvIronman VM (more information in Edit)
2. Select A Prefab in the Project window
3. Select direct dependencies of the A Prefab (Right mouse click -> Select Direct Dependencies)
Expected result: Only B Prefab is selected as a direct dependency
Actual Result: B Prefab and Assets used in Prefab C's components are selected as direct dependencies
Reproducible with: 2018.4.7f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.3f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
The issue was not reproducible until nested Prefabs were introduced in 2018.3.0a6.
The issue can be reproduced using Prefab variants as well.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off