Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
Assets used in components of a nested Prefab are counted as direct dependencies of all higher level nested Prefabs
Note: This issue shows a bug in our AssetDatabase.GetDependencies(someFiles, false); (calculating direct dependencies)
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project ("BuildAssetBundles.zip") using the EnvIronman VM (more information in Edit)
2. Select A Prefab in the Project window
3. Select direct dependencies of the A Prefab (Right mouse click -> Select Direct Dependencies)
Expected result: Only B Prefab is selected as a direct dependency
Actual Result: B Prefab and Assets used in Prefab C's components are selected as direct dependencies
Reproducible with: 2018.4.7f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.3f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
The issue was not reproducible until nested Prefabs were introduced in 2018.3.0a6.
The issue can be reproduced using Prefab variants as well.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 1 frame long audio clip plays an inconsistent audio sample or does not play at all in the Timeline
- SerializedObject ApplyModifiedProperties is not returning true when editing a List field with custom editor code
- Labels Overlap in NavMeshObstacle Inspector when shape is set to "Box" and Inspector's width is small
- [Enlighten] Server build starts Enlighten worker threads
- Semi transparent particles are incorrect in the game view