Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Assets still included in Build when HideFlags.DontSaveInBuild is used
How to reproduce:
1. Load "Sample Scene"
2. Select "NewBehaviourScript" in Hierarchy, set Tag to "Untagged" and set "HideFlags" to "DontSaveInBuild"
3. Build Player, connect Profiler to Player, take detailed memory sample
4. Expand "Assets > Textures" in Profiler and notice the "Star" texture is there
Expected results: "Star" texture is not included in the Build
Actual results: "Star" texture is included in the Build
Reproducible with: 2018.4.29f1, 2019.4.14f1, 2020.1.13f1, 2020.2.0b11, 2021.1.0a5
Note: also reproduces with IL2CPP
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in 2022.2.0a1