Search Issue Tracker
AssetDatabase is not updated after renaming script which is referenced in an asset
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open project
2. Execute Mainmenu/BugReport/Log FruidConfig count (typo) - Notice it prints "4 FruidConfig's found" to the Console window, which is correct
3. Rename Scripts/FruidConfig.cs to Scripts/FruitConfig.cs
4. Open Scripts/FruitConfig.cs, rename the class from FruidConfig to FruitConfig and save
5. Execute Mainmenu/BugReport/Log FruitConfig count - Notice it prints "0 FruitConfig's found" to the Console window, which is wrong.
Reimport assets containing folder "Fruits".
Using AssetDatabase.FindAssets("t:<class>") for outputting all the assets count value referencing to that class, outputs wrong count value of all the assets referencing to that class.
Reproduced with: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.4p1, 5.4.0b13
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scene View] Gizmos dropdown disappears while toggling Windzone checkbox with its tooltip open
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when upgrading project
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler