Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.3
AssetDatabase.SaveAssets() not saving changes made to a prefab
AssetDatabase.SaveAssets() not saving changes made to a prefab inside OnPostprocessAllAssets(), but saving the scene manually applies those changes to the prefab.
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the "TEST" scene
3. Import the attached file "Prefab.prefab" into the project
4. After the "Prefab.prefab" is imported open it with any text editor outside the project
5. Notice that m_PlayAutomatically' is set to 1 even though it should be changed to 0 by Editor script "NormalizeAssets"
6. Save the scene manually
7. Open "Prefab.prefab" with any text editor outside the project again
8. Notice that m_PlayAutomatically' is set to 0 now
Reproduced on: 5.5.0b4, 5.4.1p1
Not reproducible on: 5.3.6p5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode12][Burst] iOS builds with Universal/ARMv7 architecture fail in Xcode 12 with New Build System when using burst
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version