Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[Build] AssetDatabase.GetImplicitAssetBundleName asserts & returns wrong result when asset is being deleted
1. Open project attached (GetImplicitAssetBundleNameBug.zip).
2. Delete one asset from each folder (SpritesInSomeBundle, SpritesInSomeOtherBundle, SpritesNotInABunble).
Expected result: Debug message will appear and it will have correct Asset Bundle name.
Actual result: Error appears: "Assertion failed: Use IsAssetAvailable before calling AssetFromGUID", Asset Bundle name in Debug message is the same for all assets.
Notes: This problem is also triggered when duplicating existing asset.
Each folder contains assets with different Asset Bundle name. In 5.6 and 2017.2 Asset Bundle name is returned as empty.
In 5.6 and 2017.2 there is an additional error: Assertion failed: AssetBundle index doesn't exist in the asset database.
Reproduced on: 5.6.0f3, 5.6.1p1, 2017.1.0b6, 2017.2.0a1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform