Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[Build] AssetDatabase.GetImplicitAssetBundleName asserts & returns wrong result when asset is being deleted
1. Open project attached (GetImplicitAssetBundleNameBug.zip).
2. Delete one asset from each folder (SpritesInSomeBundle, SpritesInSomeOtherBundle, SpritesNotInABunble).
Expected result: Debug message will appear and it will have correct Asset Bundle name.
Actual result: Error appears: "Assertion failed: Use IsAssetAvailable before calling AssetFromGUID", Asset Bundle name in Debug message is the same for all assets.
Notes: This problem is also triggered when duplicating existing asset.
Each folder contains assets with different Asset Bundle name. In 5.6 and 2017.2 Asset Bundle name is returned as empty.
In 5.6 and 2017.2 there is an additional error: Assertion failed: AssetBundle index doesn't exist in the asset database.
Reproduced on: 5.6.0f3, 5.6.1p1, 2017.1.0b6, 2017.2.0a1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Flickering orbs appear when using RenderTargetHandle
- UsePass for ShaderLabShader is ignored and GameObjects are not rendered when SRPBatcher is enabled
- Animated model translated down when interrupting a transition
- UI Toolkit text splits when changing PanelSettings scale
- Error "NullReferenceException" is thrown when selecting folders from the folder panel or closing the folder panel with EditorUtility.OpenFolderPanel() in use