Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.2
[Build] AssetDatabase.GetImplicitAssetBundleName asserts & returns wrong result when asset is being deleted
1. Open project attached (GetImplicitAssetBundleNameBug.zip).
2. Delete one asset from each folder (SpritesInSomeBundle, SpritesInSomeOtherBundle, SpritesNotInABunble).
Expected result: Debug message will appear and it will have correct Asset Bundle name.
Actual result: Error appears: "Assertion failed: Use IsAssetAvailable before calling AssetFromGUID", Asset Bundle name in Debug message is the same for all assets.
Notes: This problem is also triggered when duplicating existing asset.
Each folder contains assets with different Asset Bundle name. In 5.6 and 2017.2 Asset Bundle name is returned as empty.
In 5.6 and 2017.2 there is an additional error: Assertion failed: AssetBundle index doesn't exist in the asset database.
Reproduced on: 5.6.0f3, 5.6.1p1, 2017.1.0b6, 2017.2.0a1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] SystemInfo.systemMemorySize returns negative values
- [Physics Debugger] Colliders are visualized even if their Layer is not selected in the Show Layers property
- Crash on PAL_LocalIPC_IsConnected when IPC fails on launch
- [UWP] Builds fail with Rewired
- [macOS] Video Player's 5.1 audio channel layout is incorrect when outputting to Audio Source