Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[Build] AssetDatabase.GetImplicitAssetBundleName asserts & returns wrong result when asset is being deleted
1. Open project attached (GetImplicitAssetBundleNameBug.zip).
2. Delete one asset from each folder (SpritesInSomeBundle, SpritesInSomeOtherBundle, SpritesNotInABunble).
Expected result: Debug message will appear and it will have correct Asset Bundle name.
Actual result: Error appears: "Assertion failed: Use IsAssetAvailable before calling AssetFromGUID", Asset Bundle name in Debug message is the same for all assets.
Notes: This problem is also triggered when duplicating existing asset.
Each folder contains assets with different Asset Bundle name. In 5.6 and 2017.2 Asset Bundle name is returned as empty.
In 5.6 and 2017.2 there is an additional error: Assertion failed: AssetBundle index doesn't exist in the asset database.
Reproduced on: 5.6.0f3, 5.6.1p1, 2017.1.0b6, 2017.2.0a1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance
- [Physics] The capsule jitters falling into the cracks between triangle edges
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when right-clicking certain Hierarchy window items during Play Mode exit process