Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[Build] AssetDatabase.GetImplicitAssetBundleName asserts & returns wrong result when asset is being deleted
1. Open project attached (GetImplicitAssetBundleNameBug.zip).
2. Delete one asset from each folder (SpritesInSomeBundle, SpritesInSomeOtherBundle, SpritesNotInABunble).
Expected result: Debug message will appear and it will have correct Asset Bundle name.
Actual result: Error appears: "Assertion failed: Use IsAssetAvailable before calling AssetFromGUID", Asset Bundle name in Debug message is the same for all assets.
Notes: This problem is also triggered when duplicating existing asset.
Each folder contains assets with different Asset Bundle name. In 5.6 and 2017.2 Asset Bundle name is returned as empty.
In 5.6 and 2017.2 there is an additional error: Assertion failed: AssetBundle index doesn't exist in the asset database.
Reproduced on: 5.6.0f3, 5.6.1p1, 2017.1.0b6, 2017.2.0a1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.0a8
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in: 2020.2.2f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in: 2019.4.19f1