Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.4, 2020.1, 2020.2
AssetDatabase.AssetPathToGUID() returns a valid GUID for assets that were deleted
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (AssetDatabaseV2Test.zip)
2. From the Menu bar select Test > RunTest
3. Note the GUID in the Console window
4. Delete the asset Cube.prefab
5. Select the Test > RunTest again
Expected result: no GUID is returned since Cube.prefab has been deleted
Actual result: old GUID is returned
Reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.11f1, 2020.1.6f1, 2020.2.0b3
After restarting the Editor the expected empty GUID is returned
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project
- Built player takes multiple seconds to shut down
- Wireframe flicker and quad shaped artifacts on terrain trees using Mac Metal.
- Spamming error: `GLSL: Shader cannot be patched for instancing.` When enabling terrain Draw Instanced option in desktop OpenGL.
- [Mono, Debugger] VS 2019 debugger detaches when the Trace.TraceInformation is called with a specific string