Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.4.X
Fixed in 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
AssetDatabase does not refresh asset after Editor restart
1. Open "ResourceDoNotRefresh.zip" project
2. Select "Material1" and change its color to (0,255,0,255)
3. Reopen the Editor
4. Open "Material1.mat" in a Text Editor
5. Change "_Color" to (1,0,0,1)
6. Focus the Editor
7. Notice the Color doesn't change
8. Duplicate the Material
9. Notice that the duplicates Color changed
Expected Result: Material Color changes
Actual Result: Material Color doesn't change
Fixed in: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.2.0a15, 2019.1.4f1, 2018.4.1f1
Reproduced with: 2019.2.0a10, 2019.1.0b10, 2018.3.11f1, 2018.3.0f1, 2018.3.0b10, 2018.3.0b8
Did not reproduce on: 2018.3.0b7, 2018.3.0b6, 2018.3.0b1, 2018.3.0a7, 2018.3.0a6, 2018.3.0a1, 2017.4.24f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.4):
File changes are discovered during Refresh.
If there's no refresh (auto of manual) file changes won't get reflected.
If there's a manual reimport while the file is modified but before a Refresh then the current pipeline will use the in memory representation (unchanged) with the time stamp of the modified file, so the next refresh will not see the file change.