Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
[AssetBundle] Building AssetBundles with variants produces error messages in Editor console
Messages appeared in 5.3.2p1 version.
Building asset bundles with variants produces error messages in Editor console:
Error message 1: "Use IsAssetAvailable before calling AssetFromGUID"
Error message 2: "Variant folder path cannot be empty if we're building a variant AssetBundle."
Bundles seem to be created correctly, however.
Also, errors don't show if you put the asset inside a parent folder with bundle and variant name (see attached repro project).
a. Open "asset build warnings.zip" project on Unity 5.3.2p1 or newer.
b. Build bundles (Menu Assets -> Build AssetBundles).
c. Observe errors in console.
To stop seeing errors, move "Material A" inside "Materials" folder and delete/build bundles again.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Hierarchy ping effect rendering is offset
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene