Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Asset thumbnail is not updated if texture is modified outside of unity editor
1. Download attached project.
2. Look at New Material thumbnail color.
3. Modify Image via external program, make it different color.
4. Go back to Unity
Expected result: both image preview and material preview/thumbnail get updated to new color.
Actual result: Only image preview is updated, material stays with the old color
Reimporting asset fixes the issue.
Reproduced on: 2021.1.0a1 c2b7117484ca
Not reproduced on: 2020.2.0b5 e2067236bd5c
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform