Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2.0f3
Asset refresh times are approximately 5 times longer in Unity 2017.2.0a2 and later versions
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "SurvivalShooter" project
2. Perform a few Asset refreshes by pressing Ctrl + R (or CMD+R, if you are a Mac user) on the keyboard a few times
3. Observe Editor.Log and its Asset refresh times
Expected result: In 2017.2.0a2 and later, Asset refresh time should be around ~0.01 seconds, like in the 2017.2.0a1 and prior versions
Actual result: Asset refresh time is consistently around ~0.04 seconds in the 2017.2.0a2 and later versions
Regression introduced in - 2017.2.0a2
Reproducible with - 2017.3.0b3, 2017.2.0f2, 2017.2.0a2
Not reproducible with - 2017.2.0a1, 2017.1.1p4
Asset refresh time comparison between 2017.2.0a1 and 2017.2.0a2 versions in Survival Shooter project on Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB, Windows 10 :
Refresh: elapses 0.009462 seconds
Refresh: elapses 0.007476 seconds
Refresh: elapses 0.007297 seconds
Refresh: elapses 0.007508 seconds
Refresh: elapses 0.040612 seconds
Refresh: elapses 0.060603 seconds
Refresh: elapses 0.039310 seconds
Refresh: elapses 0.039079 seconds
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode