Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[Asset Pipeline v2] [VCS] Changes made to a checked out file are not undone on revert
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project in your preferred Perforce Workspace
2. Open the project and connect it to Perforce
3. Create a new Material and in its Inspector click "Submit"
4. Once Submitted click "Check Out" and change its color to Red
5. In the Project Window right-click the Material -> Version Control -> Revert
6. Observe its Color
Expected result: the changes made are reverted (material's color is reverted from red to default white)
Actual result: only the check out is reverted, the changes are kept
Reproduced in: 2019.3.0a12, 2019.2.1f1, 2019.2.0a6
Not reproducible in: 2019.2.0a3, 2019.1.14f1, 2018.4.6f1, 2017.4.31f1
Couldn't test with: 2019.2.a5, 2019.2.0a4 (The editor crashes immediately, due to a HUB bug)
Note: This does not reproduce with the Asset Pipeline V1, this is an Asset Pipeline V2 regression. The only asset that seems to work properly at the moment is the scene asset.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual C# Compiler cannot find source files because it is looking at old file locations
- Ghost empty folders are left behind when after calling Refresh, Directory.Move is called
- [OSX] The Scene icon in the Unity Editor's title bar can be dragged and dropped out of the project
- [Metal][Editor] Memory grows continuously until Editor crashes when importing 100k materials
- Investigate why .meta files are sometimes not parsed right