Search Issue Tracker
Duplicate in 2019.3.X
Assertion failed on expression: 'txn.Exists(guid)' is thrown when any assets are changed in any way or editor is refocused
1. Open any project
2. In Project window, try creating / relocating / renaming / deleting any assets inside
3. Observe the errors thrown in console
Result errors thrown: Assertion failed on expression: 'txn.Exists(guid)'
Assertion failed on expression: 'false'
Reproduced in: 2020.1.0a3, 2020.1.0a1, 2019.3.0b1
Not reproduced in: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.7f1, 2019.2.2f1, 2019.3.0a12
Workaround: restarting the editor
Resolution Note (2020.1.X):
Mar 28, 2020 04:50
Oct 02, 2019 08:20
Restarting Unity after creating the project fixes the issue.
Oct 02, 2019 08:18
Present in 2019.3.0b4.
Sep 12, 2019 11:11
2019.3.0b3 - issue still there. Produced by creating an empty project..
Sep 11, 2019 16:54
Issue exists in beta 3 as well. This is a blocking bug.
Sep 10, 2019 00:32
Issue still present in 2019.3.0b2.
Reproducible by simply creating a new project in 2019.3.0b2 via Unity Hub and selecting the High Definition RP Template, 22 of these errors will be logged right away in the Editor.
Sep 07, 2019 22:02
I also have this issue.
Sep 03, 2019 09:44
Issue present in 2019.3.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
This is a duplicate of issue #1177591