Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 4.5.5
Application.persistentDataPath is not correct for OSX
1. Create a new project
2. Create a new script
3. Add Debug.Log(Application.persistentDataPath); to the Start() function
4. Attach the script to the main camera
See that the path is /Users/<UserName>/Library/Caches/<CompanyName>/<ApplicationName>/ when it should be /Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/<ApplicationName>/
/Users/<UserName>/Library/Caches is not an appropriate to store persistent data and users either themselves or with existing disk cleanup tools routinely clear the contents of the ~/Library/Caches/ directory and blow away user generated files or save game files etc. The ~/Library/Caches is intended for files that only need temporary persistence, hence the name "Caches". Besides, Unity already provides another path for temporary data in the existing Application.temporaryCachePath variable that developers should probably use for truly temporary cache data.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"