Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.0.1
APIUpdater assumes script encoding is UTF-8
Non UTF-8 encoded script content may become wrong if it gets updated by APIUpdater.
Hereafter, APIUpdater uses UTF-8 only if script has a BOM, otherwise fallbacks to machine default encoding.
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project in 5.0.1p1
- Notice that this symbol (�) is inserted into every line where a dash (-) should be
- Opening the project in an older version does not show anything where a dash should be
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the project name contains a ";" character, the editor crashes while creating a script.
- New Cubemap is inserted at the end of the array when baking an individual Probe
- Crash on GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::AddRequiredResourceBarriers when opening the project
- WebGL build fails with a UnicodeDecodeError
- MSB3073 error is thrown when building App Packages in Visual Studio