Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Moving a camera in the Scene view causes object flickering when GPU instancing and Realtime GI are enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "2018_InstTest.zip" and scene "spheres"
2. In Scene View, move around the scene (with WASD and right-click)
3. Observe objects in Scene View
Expected result: lighting on objects do not flicker
Actual result: any camera movement causes object light flickers
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0a6, 2018.2.0b11, 2018.3.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2017.1.4p2, 2017.2.3p1, 2017.4.6f1, 2018.1.0a5
Lighting window -> Lightmapping Settings -> Lightmapper -> Enlighten
Lighting window -> Realtime Lighting -> Realtime Global Illumination -> true
Object's material -> Advanced options -> Enable GPU Instancing -> true
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
- Black and white flickering when using two Full Screen Pass Renderer Features
- [Audio] Microphone API latency and audio distortions appear after recording
Apr 10, 2020 06:33
I am running into this issue too. Alongside that, sometimes when we bring the prefab back in, the assets aren't in the applied position. https://8ball-pool.io This has only been tested with UI elements for the canvas.
Aug 18, 2019 21:53
I have the same issue
Aug 07, 2019 14:02
Still getting this issue in 2019.1.12, both in editor and in game.
Aug 06, 2019 15:33
Still getting this issue in 2019.2
May 16, 2019 01:38
For anyone dealing with this in 2018.3.124f who finds this issue tracker page on google as i did.
this issue seems to do with extreme camera movement without "reentering it" as soon as i use middle mouse button to re-anchor my camera and WASD around from there the issue was immediately fixed.
Id assume using "F" to center camera on an object would also work.
Apr 23, 2019 08:24
Its not fixed- Im using 2018.3.3f1 and I am still getting this
Oct 28, 2018 19:38
Not fixed as of 2018.3 Beta 7
Oct 22, 2018 22:14
Is there any chance to get it fixed in Unity 2018.2? Not only in 2018.3 ? It was working ok in earlier versions.
Oct 01, 2018 22:33
Any chances to get fix also on 2018.2 ?