Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Animator.GetBoneTransform does not return null when Animator is disabled
1. Open the attached project "GetBoneTransform.zip"
2. Open the "Scenes/SampleScene" Scene
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Select the "Robot Kyle" GameObject in the Hierarchy
5. Disable its "Animator" component in the Inspector
6. Press R and observe the Console
Expected result: function returns null
Actual result: function does not return null
Reproducible with: 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.15f1, 2021.2.0b5, 2022.1.0a3
Could not test with: 2018.4.36f1, 2019.4.29f1 (functionality to return null is not implemented)
Note: the function returns null only if the GameObject holding the Animator is disabled
Apr 06, 2023 12:09
Please fix this in Unity 2021
Jun 04, 2022 01:00
I mean seriously, they plan to keep this bug in LTS?
Dec 07, 2021 05:23
please fix in Unity 2020 LTS
Nov 16, 2021 02:16
please fix this.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- VFX Blackboard: Duplicated items numbers misses brackets
- [Android] TouchScreenKeyboard.active triggers an error when set to false in the Player
- [Android] Auto-correct suggestions show up over the "hidden zone" when typing text with TouchScreenKeyboard
- [Android] Clicks on the "hidden zone" remain blocked when TouchScreenKeyboard is active
- [URP][DX12] Black Game View window when URP Dynamic Resolution is enabled
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Reverted to original behaviour: GetBoneTransform() should works even if animator or gameobject is disabled