Search Issue Tracker
Status: Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Animator doesn't animate physics when Update Mode is set to Animate Physics
1. Open the project that i attached "animatePhysicsBug.zip".
2. Open "Main" scene and enter Playmode.
3. Observe the scene.
4. Notice that platform on the right is not applying any physics to the rigid body sitting on top of it.
There are 3 platforms, with identical cubes on top.
Platform on the left uses Legacy Animation. (Animate physics checked, rigidbody Is Kinematic checked)
Platform on the right uses Animator. (Update mode set to Animate Physics, rigidbody Is Kinematic checked)
Platform in the middle is the one which is moved by the code and not animation (by default it is using transform.position and acts like platform on the right, if you press button in game window it starts using "Rigidbody.MovePosition" and starts acting like the platform on the left).
Expected result: Platforms with Legacy "Animation" and with "Animator" apply physics (velocity and friction) to the rigid body sitting on top of it.
Actual result: Only the platform with Legacy "Animator" applies physics. Platform with "Animator" acts the same with "Update Mode" set to "Normal" and "Animate Physics", and applies no physics to the rigid body sitting on top of it.
Reproducible with: 5.2.3f1, 5.3.6f1, 5.4.2f2, 5.5.0b11, 5.6.0a2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- RectMask2D masks a child game object even if it is in the boundaries.
- [UI] Tiled Image stretches sprite borders in Tight mesh mode
- Child UI elements in parent Canvas cannot be configured after changing their Anchor preset and previewing it
- [iOS] Audio playback doesn't start immediately after resuming an app
- Can't install Unity 2017.1.0a1 on Windows 10 (Error: Unity requires Windows7 or later!)