Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Animator doesn't animate physics when Update Mode is set to Animate Physics
1. Open the project that i attached "animatePhysicsBug.zip".
2. Open "Main" scene and enter Playmode.
3. Observe the scene.
4. Notice that platform on the right is not applying any physics to the rigid body sitting on top of it.
There are 3 platforms, with identical cubes on top.
Platform on the left uses Legacy Animation. (Animate physics checked, rigidbody Is Kinematic checked)
Platform on the right uses Animator. (Update mode set to Animate Physics, rigidbody Is Kinematic checked)
Platform in the middle is the one which is moved by the code and not animation (by default it is using transform.position and acts like platform on the right, if you press button in game window it starts using "Rigidbody.MovePosition" and starts acting like the platform on the left).
Expected result: Platforms with Legacy "Animation" and with "Animator" apply physics (velocity and friction) to the rigid body sitting on top of it.
Actual result: Only the platform with Legacy "Animator" applies physics. Platform with "Animator" acts the same with "Update Mode" set to "Normal" and "Animate Physics", and applies no physics to the rigid body sitting on top of it.
Reproducible with: 5.2.3f1, 5.3.6f1, 5.4.2f2, 5.5.0b11, 5.6.0a2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website