Search Issue Tracker
[Animation] Overriding AnimatorController causes disposition on the model if done when transitioning
1) Open the attached project and scene
2) Play it
3) Click 'C' and Spacebar simultaneously (might take a few times to reproduce)
Expected: The figure just crouches and stands
Actual: It sometimes pushes downwards some distance before returning back to default
Reproduced in 2018.3.0f2, 2019.2.0a12
The issue is caused by ApplyOverrides() being called during an interrupted transition. Interrupted transitions store the current pose and use that for blending to the new state. If ApplyOverrides() is called, the bindings are deallocated and reallocated and the pose is no longer available. OverrideControllers were never intended to be done on-the-fly at arbitrary points in execution, and there is no way to guarantee results if clips (and therefore bindings) are changed during an interrupted transition. Users will need to work around this in one of the following ways: - Avoid calling ApplyOverrides() during a transition - Disable interrupted transitions - Force the animator to a specific, known state when calling ApplyOverrides()
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] [Bugreporter] Suggestion box never updates
- [Pen][Editor] Pen position is not consistent with Mouse position in custom Editor window.
- InvalidOperationException when exiting Playmode
- Inspector mode defaults to "Normal" after Editor restart
- UI references to public script functions lost on upgrade