Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.1
Animation event is triggered multiple times at low frame rate
Step to reproduce the issue:
1. Open attached project.
2. Open scene named "DoubleFiringEvent".
3. Open the "Animation" window and in the "Hierarchy window" select game object "Animator".
4. In the "Animation" window select "Events" animation.
5. Enter the Play mode.
6. Press "Space" bar once to trigger the "Events" animation.
7. Notice that the "Console" window tells the time at which the event was fired and that it was fired only once. For instance:
Fired event at 1.00498
8. Clear the "Console" window.
9. Select the "Animator" game object in the "Hierarchy" window.
8. Find the "SlowFramerate" component in the "Inspector" window and drag the "Frame Rate" down to 5 (make sure that quality settings are set to "Don't Sync" ("Edit->Project Settings->Quality->V Sync Count")).
9. Again in the "Game" window press "Space" bar.
10. Notice that the "Console" window informs that there are multiple triggerings of the event. For instance:
Fired event at 1.752637
Fired event at 1.952537
Cannot reproduce with:
5.1.5f1, 5.2.5f1, 5.3.6p3.
The issue is clearly explained in the video that was provided by the user.
Changing Animator's "Culling Mode" to "Animate Physics" solves the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- Usymtool does not support arm64e
- [Addressables] Exception is thrown when accessing AssetReference.Asset before the asset is loaded
- Terrain shortcut names and Terrain documentation are outdated
- Enabling "Opaque Texture" changes size of gizmos within the Game View