Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
[Animation] Animation references are lost from Animation component when project is upgraded
The attached project has a GameObject that contains an Animation component with six animations referenced in its Animations array. When this project is upgraded to the latest version of Unity, these animation references are lost and need to be manually reassigned. The references should be kept when upgrading.
Looks like this occurs when taking projects from 2019.1.0a9 or lower to 2019.1.0a10 or above.
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached "mine-bot" project in 2018.4.11f1
3. Open Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity
4. Select the "mine_bot" prefab gameobject in the hierarchy
5. Inspect the Animation component
6. Inspect the Animations array and note the references
7. Upgrade the project to the latest version of the editor
8. Open Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity
9. Select the "mine_bot" prefab gameobject in the hierarchy
10. Inspect the Animation component
11. Inspect the Animations array and note the references
The array contains 6 references.
All references have been stripped from the GO except for one.
Tested on MacOS 10.14.6 and Windows 10.
Occurs when upgrading to 2019.1.0a10, 2019.2.0a1, 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.0b11, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.1.0a14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Universal RP] Missing Camera cannot be removed from Camera Stack after scene is saved
- Game View focus is lost when entering Play mode with maximized Game View (either by Shift+Space or options->Maximize)
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] crash on il2cpp::os::Image::Initialize() on Application launch
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'