Search Issue Tracker
[Android] VideoPlayer stuttering and dropping frames
How to reproduce:
1. Open stripped project from OC
2. Deploy app to device
3. Click 'Breathing'
4. Click 'What are the benefits?'
5. Click on the video 'play' icon
-- Observe abysmal video performance
Reproduced on: 5.6.2f1, 5.6.2p4, 2017.1.0p1, 2017.2.0b4, 2017.3.0a1
Issue cause: Multithreaded Rendering, with Multithreaded Rendering disabled video plays smoothly.
Devices under testing:
Samsung SM G900F (Galaxy S5)*, OS:6.0.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 330, Build:samsung/kltexx/klte:6.0.1/MMB29M/G900FXXS1CQC1:user/release-keys
Samsung SM G950U*, OS:7.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 540, Build:samsung/dreamqltesq/dreamqltesq:7.0/NRD90M/G950USQU1AQC8:user/release-keys
Verizon SM G930V*, OS:7.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 530, Build:Verizon/heroqltevzw/heroqltevzw:7.0/NRD90M/G930VVRU4BQC5:user/release-keys
Xiaomi MI NOTE Pro*, OS:7.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 430, Build:Xiaomi/leo/leo:7.0/NRD90M/7.7.13:user/release-keys
Aug 25, 2017
Our developer has identified the issue is caused by Multithreaded Rendering option enabled. Disabling it may be a workaround for you until we get a proper fix.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Collab: revisions?include=changes call is uncompressed and can get really large (4+ megabytes
- Typing Asian characters inside an InputField then changing its text throught the Inspector freezes the InputField
- Scene is set dirty immediately after opening it
- [iOS] Black screen using procedural texture
- Copying from one timeline, pasting to another, and then deleting the first timeline also deletes pasted content in the second