Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2021.1
Fix In Review for 2020.2
[Android] Video player unable to play video from Asset bundles
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Build and run on Android
3. Observe video not playing (Or playing very choppily, waiting, then skipping 30% of the content)
4. Press Next, to load the next video and it will also not play
Expected: Each video plays normally as it does in the editor
Actual: Videos are not playing, either playing 1 frame and then getting stuck or not playing at all.
2021.1.0a2, 2020.2.0b7, 2020.2.0b1, 2020.2.0a17, 2020.2.0a15, 2020.2.0a14
Doesn't reproduce on:
2020.1.9f1, 2020.2.0a10 (plays video, but it crashes after going through next video a couple of times, log attached), 2020.2.0a13 (crashes)
Tested on Standalone OSX, after having rebuilt the AssetBundle and experienced no issues when playing the videos
Devices Under Test:
VLNQA00323, Samsung Galaxy Note10 (SM-N970U), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 640
----------, Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986B), Android 10, CPU: Exynos 990, GPU: Mali-G77
----------, Huawei Nexus 6P (Nexus 6P), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Snapdragon 810 MSM8994, GPU: Adreno (TM) 430
VLNQA00152, Huawei P9 (EVA-L19), Android 7.0, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 955, GPU: Mali-T880
Noteworthy Logcat lines:
(HUAWEI P9, Huawei Nexus 6P)
AndroidVideoMedia::OpenExtractor could not translate archive:/CAB-280fb9a22bf770dc8c09a95af93bd355/CAB-280fb9a22bf770dc8c09a95af93bd355.resource to local file. Make sure file exists, is on disk (not in memory) and not compressed
AndroidVideoMedia: Error opening extractor: -10004
Also attaching logcat from S10+ (Similar logs from Note20 as well).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project
- Built player takes multiple seconds to shut down
- Wireframe flicker and quad shaped artifacts on terrain trees using Mac Metal.
- Spamming error: `GLSL: Shader cannot be patched for instancing.` When enabling terrain Draw Instanced option in desktop OpenGL.
- [Mono, Debugger] VS 2019 debugger detaches when the Trace.TraceInformation is called with a specific string