Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
[Android] Screen orientation can not be changed when playing video with Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie
1. Download and open attached "ScreenOrientationTest.zip" project.
2. Build and run for any Android device.
3. When application loads and video starts playing change your device orientation by rotating it.
Expected result: When device changes it orientation, video is rotated accordingly.
Actual result: Video orientation does not change despite rotating the device.
Reproduced with 2018.1.0a2, 2017.3.0b6, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.1.2p2, 5.6.4p1, 5.5.4p5, 5.4.6p3.
Verizon SM G930V*, OS:6.0.1, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 530,
Sony C6603 (Xperia Z)*, OS:5.1.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 320,
HUAWEI EVA L19*, OS:7.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Mali-T880,
Notes: Screen.orientation is set to auto rotation in script, but that still does not let Video to rotate. Did not reproduce on iPad Air 2 iOS 9.2.
Verified with: 2018.2.0a1, 2018.1.0b5, 2017.1.3p1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes