Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Fixed in 2019.1.X
[Android] Release build fails with an error "Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect"
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open Unity Hub and create a new project
2) Switch Platform to Android in the Build Settings
3) Go to Player Settings> Publish Settings
4) Click on Keystore Manager button and create a new Keystore
5) Fill all the details in the Keystore Manager window and click on Add Key button
Note: Confirmation window will pop
6) Select Yes button to set them as your Project Keystore and Project Key
7) Go to Build Settings and press Build button
Note: Error will appear in the building process:
Failed to read key keystorebugfortesting from store "C:\Users\Ernestas\Downloads\KeystoreBugForTesting.keystore": Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
Expected result: Release build should not fail to build
Actual result: Release build fails to build
2019.1.0a14, 2019.1.0a15, 2019.2.0a1
Not reproduced with:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
Sep 23, 2020 18:36
It's happening on 2018.4.3
"Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect"
I'm wrong or this fix should be made on 2018.4.3 too as it is LTS?
Aug 09, 2019 01:02
Does anyone know the protocol when an issue is incorrectly marked fixed?
Aug 08, 2019 23:02
Confirmed as others have stated. Upgraded to 2019.2.0f1 and this issue still prevents builds.
Jul 31, 2019 21:29
Experiencing this issue with 2019.1.5f1. Have been searching forums and trying various supposed solutions without any success. Have had an update for my game for a few weeks now and can't upload any changes because of this error.
Jul 16, 2019 13:34
Experiencing this issue in 2019.2.b9 when opening a project done in 2019.2.a14
Jun 11, 2019 13:14
I don't know why exactly, but it is probably connected somehow with insufficient space on disk.
So I solved this issue by removing files from 'C://' (Had less than 150MB free). that's it.
May 08, 2019 00:45
Still not fixed in 2019.2.0a14
Apr 19, 2019 07:19
Still not fixed, I can open my keystore fine via Java and or keystore explorer (Seperate application) but I always get an invalid password when selecting the keystore via Unity 2019.1.0f2. Dont really want to upgrade to beta to fix this. Any ideas?
Apr 07, 2019 22:44
Same error in 2018.2.2f1
Apr 04, 2019 18:43
Yes this is not fixed!