Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[Android] Memory consumption has increased in 2017.2 compared to 2017.1
1. What happened
Runtime memory consumption (reported by 'Profiler.GetTotalReservedMemoryLong()') has grown by ~10MBs from 2017.1 to 2017.2.
The attached project: from 7.8 MB to 18.2 MB.
'BestHTTP Pro' A$ package demo ('SampleSelector') scene grown from ~10MB to ~20MB.
'Ultimate Endless Runner' A$ package grown from ~90MB to ~100MB
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
- Build attached project for Android
- Launch on a device (I've tried on Samsung S4 R970C, Android 4.4.2)
- Compare values for 2017.1 (tried on 2017.1.0p3) and 2017.2 (tried on 2017.2.0b7)
>>> Numbers have increased
Expected: should stay at about the same level
This may pose an issue for older devices.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- Move tool transform handle drawing bugs out when editor camera is on same plane
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- Crash on PhysicsScene::ProcessTriggerEnterExits when splitting meshes that also exit a Trigger with OnTriggerExit