Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.2.X
[Android] Memory consumption has increased in 2017.2 compared to 2017.1
1. What happened
Runtime memory consumption (reported by 'Profiler.GetTotalReservedMemoryLong()') has grown by ~10MBs from 2017.1 to 2017.2.
The attached project: from 7.8 MB to 18.2 MB.
'BestHTTP Pro' A$ package demo ('SampleSelector') scene grown from ~10MB to ~20MB.
'Ultimate Endless Runner' A$ package grown from ~90MB to ~100MB
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
- Build attached project for Android
- Launch on a device (I've tried on Samsung S4 R970C, Android 4.4.2)
- Compare values for 2017.1 (tried on 2017.1.0p3) and 2017.2 (tried on 2017.2.0b7)
>>> Numbers have increased
Expected: should stay at about the same level
This may pose an issue for older devices.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2020.3] Play Mode has visual artifacts when Graphics API is set to DirectX12 with Dynamic Resolution enabled
- White texture appears when setting “RenderTextureFormat.Depth” to “RenderTexture” on the Camera
- Cursor is visible when using “Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked” and “Cursor.visible = false”
- Material.SetOverrideTag setting LightMode tag has no effect
- Decal is not rendered when in Camera component Culling Mask dropdown field Default is unselected