Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[Android] Loading AssetBundle from install-time AAB is about 2 times slower than loading from StreamingAssets
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download, extract and open the attached project
2. Click "AAB" > "Build uno.aab"
2. Attach an Android device
3. Go to "_Readme" > "_build" and run "install&run.bat" and wait for the app to be installed
4. Open the installed app "AAB_Slow"
5. Click "LoadStreamingAssets" multiple times and pay attention to the value Y in this line "Load AB End at: [X] takes [Y] frames" at the bottom of the text field
6. Click "LoadAAB" multiple times and pay attention to the value Y in the same line
Expected results: Loading takes a similar number of frames with both "LoadStreamingAssets" and "LoadAAB" options (Y value is similar)
Actual result: Loading takes ~2 times longer when using the "LoadAAB" option (Y value is ~2 times higher on average)
VLNQA00335, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (SM-G986B), Android 10, CPU: Exynos 990, GPU: Mali-G77
Not reproducible devices:
VLNQA00318, Oneplus 7Pro (GM1913), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 640
N/A, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00231, Huawei HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro (LYA-L29), Android 9, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 980, GPU: Mali-G76
VLNQA00024, Xiaomi Mi 5 (MI 5), Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 820 MSM8996, GPU: Adreno (TM) 530
Reproducible with: 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.12f1, 2021.1.11f1, 2021.2.0a21
Could not test: 2018.4.36f1 - errors while downgrading the project
- "_Readme" > "_build" directory in the project contains already built AAB, to build it please open the project and click "AAB > Build uno.aab"
- More detailed information about the project and how to build it provided in "_Readme" > "Readme_EN.txt"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader variant build preparation does not scale
- [VFX/Timeline] Wrap Mode Loop is only playing VFX once
- Package Manager doesn't start on Windows 7
- Toggling "Optimize Mesh Data" in Project Settings doesn't invalidate build pipeline cache for Addressables
- [HDRP] [DXR] Shadowmatte doesn't support RT shadows