Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
[Android, iOS][Touch] Touch is 1-2 frames late
Migrated bug from GitHub: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/InputSystem/issues/220
Looks like touch input on Touchscreen is 1-2 frames late compared to UnityEngine.Input. Might be a threading issue due to the UI/app thread split on Android in combination with the background input queue.
renaldasrep commented on Aug 23
Samsung Galaxy S8 OS:8.0.0
iPhone 8+ OS:11.4.1 (reproes but not as consistently as on android)
Old Input registers (using EventTrigger component) as expected
New Input LowLevel event registers as expected
New Input activeTouches.Count > 0 on Update registers as expected
New Input Touchscreen InputAction.performed callback has 1-2 frame delay
renaldasrep commented on Sep 3
What I'm currently getting is:
Old input is late on Android
New input is late on iOS
douglas-piconi commented 4 hours ago
I wrote a quick stress test and interesting result. Turns out you don't have to stress this at all to repro the problem. I wrote a test to run over about 500 frames and send one piece of data to a device and read it at the end of each frame. With 1 device. works great over 500 frames. I was originally going to stress a few hundred devices, however, it turns you you only have to a a second device. The minute you add a second device, it fails on the first frame. There is a 2 frame delay for the data on both devices.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.GetDependencies does not find C# script parent scripts.
- [IL2CPP] The unique identifier of a thread differs inside and outside of the thread
- [VR]Half of screen is always shaded in Single Pass Instaced on AMD cards
- Building with il2cpp, arm64, and daydream/cardboard causes unresponsive app.
- Unity Import processes while opening a project repeatedly take the window focus away from other activities