Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.28f1, 2022.2.0f1, 2023.2.0a6
[Android] Invalid ReTrace mapping file is generated when using R8 for minification
1. Download and open the attached project: "doles-dolez.zip"
2. Go to Edit > Project Settings... > Player > Publishing settings
3. Make sure "Use R8" and "Release" checkboxes under Minify are selected
4. Go to Build Settings and check the Build App Bundle (Google Play) checkbox
5. Build the app bundle
6. Open the Google Play Console and upload the app bundle
7. Under "Required features" press the options button to upload the ReTrace mapping file created in the same folder as the built app bundle
8. Upload the mapping file
Expected result: The mapping file is accepted
Actual result: The mapping file is not accepted, an error is thrown - "Couldn't upload. Try again."
Reproducible with: 2020.3.27f1, 2021.2.9f1, 2022.1.0b5, 2022.2.0a2
Could not test with: 2019.4.35f1 (Due to errors upon downgrading the project)
- The naming of the mapping file was the same for both minification versions, thus ruling out file naming as the issue
- The R8 minification mapping file is noticeably smaller and contains fewer lines than the Proguard minification mapping file
- When uploading the app bundle generated with Proguard minification, the ReTrace file is uploaded by default
- In a message below, the user attached screenshots related to the steps for clarification
- The mapping files are attached down below for comparison: "test_mapping_R8.txt", "test_mapping.txt"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Release memory after deleting image
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Crash on internalABP::BoxManager::prepareData when entering Play Mode
- Crash at "UnityEngine.Object:FindObjectsOfType" when quitting the Player