Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[Android] Input field caret jumps back a couple of characters when typing fast
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open and build User-supplied project ("InputFieldException.zip")
2. Focus the Input field and type as fast as possible.
3. Check the caret.
4. (Optional) after writing a lot of text quickly, start deleting the text and notice the "ArgumentOutOfRangeException. Selection is out of range." errors
Expected: notice the extra characters appearing after the caret position.
Actual: the caret is always at the end of the string.
Reproduced in 2018.4.24f1, 2019.3.15f1, 2019.4.1f1, 2020.1.0b13, 2020.2.0a14
Watch the user-supplied video for a reference of reproduction
Sometimes deleting the entire string will lead to a couple of characters being displayed after the caret
Repro with "Hide mobile input" on and off, but way more consistent when using "Hide mobile input"
VLNQA00021, Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 8 Octa 8890, GPU: Mali-T880
VLNQA00121, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00277, Asus ROG Phone (ASUS_Z01QD), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
No repro on:
Win 10 Editor.
Win 10 Standalone.
iPad 7th gen (iOS 13.2.2)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Button highlight state disabled when hovering cursor over smaller sized child UI objects
- "Unity has stopped working" window is skipped when the Editor crashes
- The "Properties..." shortcut does not open the Focused Inspector window when the new GameObject is created
- Editor crashes when using WebCamTexture
- [URP] ShaderKeywords '_MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS' and '_ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS' are always enabled in the Editor