Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[Android] Input field caret jumps back a couple of characters when typing fast
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open and build User-supplied project ("InputFieldException.zip")
2. Focus the Input field and type as fast as possible.
3. Check the caret.
4. (Optional) after writing a lot of text quickly, start deleting the text and notice the "ArgumentOutOfRangeException. Selection is out of range." errors
Expected: notice the extra characters appearing after the caret position.
Actual: the caret is always at the end of the string.
Reproduced in 2018.4.24f1, 2019.3.15f1, 2019.4.1f1, 2020.1.0b13, 2020.2.0a14
Watch the user-supplied video for a reference of reproduction
Sometimes deleting the entire string will lead to a couple of characters being displayed after the caret
Repro with "Hide mobile input" on and off, but way more consistent when using "Hide mobile input"
VLNQA00021, Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 8 Octa 8890, GPU: Mali-T880
VLNQA00121, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00277, Asus ROG Phone (ASUS_Z01QD), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
No repro on:
Win 10 Editor.
Win 10 Standalone.
iPad 7th gen (iOS 13.2.2)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fields in "Scene Template Pipeline" section look messy
- Can't import asset via Package Manager when it consists of sub-packages and one of them is already imported
- CubemapArrays and Cubemaps take up significantly more memory than on other platforms when working with a Windows project
- The Weight Field in the LimbSolver2D Component for 2D IK Can’t Be Animated or Smoothly Transitioned
- Selected “Landscape Left” orientation of the “ScreenOrientation” dropdown in the Inspector window gets deselected when deselecting and selecting GameObject that contains a “ScreenOrientation” dropdown
Jun 14, 2022 12:21
This is still happening for me in Unity 2021 on iOS
Jun 02, 2022 08:55
It's happening still for me using version 2020.3.21f1, IS there a solution for it?
Feb 03, 2022 13:51
Still happening in 2020.3.17f1
Jan 05, 2022 04:26
Happening in 2020.3.23f1 on the Android platform. (Occurred on a Samsung Tablet).
Nov 02, 2021 13:15
I have the same issue in 2020.3.20f1
Oct 29, 2021 06:29
Facing same issue and also i can not edit text in middle of inputfield . whenever i clicked on inputfield it sets caret at the end of the text.
Apr 30, 2021 23:49
I had this bug and I found out that it can be fixed by unchecking the "hide mobile input" box. Also the bug doesn't seem to happen on text mesh pro input fields
Mar 17, 2021 09:55
Still facing the same issue in 2020.3.0f1
Mar 10, 2021 10:38
Still happens in 2019.4.18f1
Jan 31, 2021 10:49
This is still happening for me in Unity 2020.2.2f1 at least on android...