Search Issue Tracker
[Android] Performance regression when getting stack trace between 64bit and 32bit architectures
1. Open "TestAndroid64bit.zip" project
2. "Custom" -> "Build AssetBundle Android"
3. "Custom" -> "Build Player Android32Bit (Release)"
4. "Custom" -> "Build Player Android64Bit (Release)"
5. Launch the 32Bit App and note the time it takes to execute at the bottom of the screen
6. Launch the 64Bit App and note the time it takes to execute at the bottom of the screen
7. Compare the times
Expected Result: 32Bit/64Bit takes around the same amount of time
Actual Result: 64Bit takes at least two times more that 32Bit
Reproduced with: 2019.3.0a7, 2019.2.0a7, 2019.1.8f1, 2018.4.3f1, 2017.4.29f1
The issue is way more noticeable on lower end devices, they can get affected x10+
Google Pixel 2 XL:
No Compression: 32Bit - ~1.25 seconds; 64Bit - ~2.5 seconds;
LZMA: 32Bit - 1.25-1.3 seconds; 64Bit - ~2.5seconds;
LZ4: 32Bit - 1.3 seconds; 64Bit - ~2.5 seconds;
VLNQA00123, Google Pixel 2 XL (Pixel 2 XL), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540
VLNQA00218, Samsung Galaxy Note9 (SM-N960U), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
VLNQA00224, Samsung Galaxy A5(2017) (SM-A520F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 7 Octa 7880, GPU: Mali-T830
VLNQA00005, Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V), Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 820 MSM8996, GPU: Adreno (TM) 530
VLNQA00004, Meizu - (MX5), Android 5.0.1, CPU: MediaTek Helio X10 MT6795T, GPU: PowerVR Rogue G6200
VLNQA00052, Xiaomi MI MAX (MI MAX), Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 617 MSM8952, GPU: Adreno (TM) 510
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Element UI disappears and NullReferenceException is thrown when dragging off the last or first element from the list in the Inspector
- [Silicon] Crash on ScriptableRenderLoopJob when machine is left idle while the Editor is in Play mode
- [Android] GraphicsBuffer.CopyCount does not work with Append Compute Buffer after Compute Shader Dispatch on some Android devices
- "DirectoryNotFoundException" error when building a project via script in one folder, then building via Editor in another, deleting the folder built via Editor and rebuilding via Script
- New items are created and old ones remain in memory when using 'treeView.SetRootItems(items)' and 'treeView.Rebuild()' which can cause a memory leak