Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
[Android] Assertion "(destWidth >= srcWidth && destHeight >= srcHeight)..." thrown when building with 32-bit, half ETC2 fallback
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached "Assertion" project and "SampleScene", notice it contains default Tree prefab
2. Observe the console
Result: Assertion is thrown: "Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: '(destWidth >= srcWidth && destHeight >= srcHeight) || (downscale && (destWidth * 2 == srcWidth) && (destHeight * 2 == srcHeight))"
How to reproduce from scratch:
1. Delete Library folder from "Assertion" project
2. Open the project again, switch to Android platform, open "SampleScene", notice that assertion is not appearing anymore
3. Do a build for Android with ETC2 Fallback set to 32-bit, half resolution
Result: Notice that Assertions start appearing again, both after build or when changing scenes. Building with 32-bit or 16-bit ETC2 Fallbacks did not cause this issue.
Reproducible with - 2018.2.0b2, 2018.1.0f1, 2017.4.2f1, 2017.3.0a4
Note: The issue only happens when building/opening the scene that contains default Tree prefab
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- String array data is lost when one of the strings starts with a colon symbol
- Unable to import NuGet packages Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces, System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions cannot be loaded correctly
- Backgrounds of Editor windows are changed to a texture when method ImageConversion.LoadImage is called
- OnApplicationQuit method is called before Application.wantsToQuit event is raised
- Lightmapper is slow when using "Always Refresh"