Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[Android] Assertion "(destWidth >= srcWidth && destHeight >= srcHeight)..." thrown when building with 32-bit, half ETC2 fallback
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached "Assertion" project and "SampleScene", notice it contains default Tree prefab
2. Observe the console
Result: Assertion is thrown: "Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: '(destWidth >= srcWidth && destHeight >= srcHeight) || (downscale && (destWidth * 2 == srcWidth) && (destHeight * 2 == srcHeight))"
How to reproduce from scratch:
1. Delete Library folder from "Assertion" project
2. Open the project again, switch to Android platform, open "SampleScene", notice that assertion is not appearing anymore
3. Do a build for Android with ETC2 Fallback set to 32-bit, half resolution
Result: Notice that Assertions start appearing again, both after build or when changing scenes. Building with 32-bit or 16-bit ETC2 Fallbacks did not cause this issue.
Reproducible with - 2018.2.0b2, 2018.1.0f1, 2017.4.2f1, 2017.3.0a4
Note: The issue only happens when building/opening the scene that contains default Tree prefab
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows High DPI scaling breaks Graphics.DrawTexture
- Particle system billboard particles are invisible when specific "3D Start Rotation" with "Random Between 2 Constants" is applied
- Preview Camera has wrong CameraType when Camera preview is present on Scene View
- Scaling the box in Events Example of ExtOSC plugin causes Unity to crash
- [HDRP] The Game Object is invisible in the Scene and Shader Graph prieview when the Transform node set World to Object position