Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[Android] Assertion "(destWidth >= srcWidth && destHeight >= srcHeight)..." thrown when building with 32-bit, half ETC2 fallback
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached "Assertion" project and "SampleScene", notice it contains default Tree prefab
2. Observe the console
Result: Assertion is thrown: "Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: '(destWidth >= srcWidth && destHeight >= srcHeight) || (downscale && (destWidth * 2 == srcWidth) && (destHeight * 2 == srcHeight))"
How to reproduce from scratch:
1. Delete Library folder from "Assertion" project
2. Open the project again, switch to Android platform, open "SampleScene", notice that assertion is not appearing anymore
3. Do a build for Android with ETC2 Fallback set to 32-bit, half resolution
Result: Notice that Assertions start appearing again, both after build or when changing scenes. Building with 32-bit or 16-bit ETC2 Fallbacks did not cause this issue.
Reproducible with - 2018.2.0b2, 2018.1.0f1, 2017.4.2f1, 2017.3.0a4
Note: The issue only happens when building/opening the scene that contains default Tree prefab
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- "UnityEngine.SystemInfo.processorFrequency" logs a value of 0 on M1 macs
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline