Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.4
Android AdsId is used even when the Ads / Analytics services are disabled
Steps to reproduce:
- Create an empty Android project and make sure the Ads and Analytics are both off
- Compile and run the application on an Android device
- (You may have to change the manifest)
What is expected:
The Ads Id is not used, at all.
What is seen:
The result is that the Ads Id is used without necessarily asking permission to the user
Note on this problem:
- This was reported by one of our user on twitter.
TwitterToday at 9:36 AM
Are we collecting advertising identifier even with ads and analytics disabled?
- The Android Guidelines on that topic can be found here: https://developer.android.com/training/articles/user-data-ids
- And more information here :
The actual PR fixing the problem in trunk is: https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/85118/_/cloud/analytics/corestats_fix
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Inconsistency displaying company name in Package Manager UI
- GPU lightmapper doesn't work on Linux any more
- [Editor] Recent scenes should not include (DOTS) subscenes
- Interaction is broken when EditorGUI.indentLevel is set to 1 or higher and ParticleSystem.MinMaxGradient interface is used
- Mouse position is not updated when locking the cursor and it causes the mouse to snap unpredictably when entering the Play Mode