Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.4.X
Android AdsId is used even when the Ads / Analytics services are disabled
Steps to reproduce:
- Create an empty Android project and make sure the Ads and Analytics are both off
- Compile and run the application on an Android device
- (You may have to change the manifest)
What is expected:
The Ads Id is not used, at all.
What is seen:
The result is that the Ads Id is used without necessarily asking permission to the user
Note on this problem:
- This was reported by one of our user on twitter.
TwitterToday at 9:36 AM
Are we collecting advertising identifier even with ads and analytics disabled?
- The Android Guidelines on that topic can be found here: https://developer.android.com/training/articles/user-data-ids
- And more information here :
The actual PR fixing the problem in trunk is: https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/85118/_/cloud/analytics/corestats_fix
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac
- PrntScreen (Snapshot) key is not working on UWP on both old and new input systems
- Show compiled code for compute shaders has the "Cancel" button greyed out