Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.4.X
Android AdsId is used even when the Ads / Analytics services are disabled
Steps to reproduce:
- Create an empty Android project and make sure the Ads and Analytics are both off
- Compile and run the application on an Android device
- (You may have to change the manifest)
What is expected:
The Ads Id is not used, at all.
What is seen:
The result is that the Ads Id is used without necessarily asking permission to the user
Note on this problem:
- This was reported by one of our user on twitter.
TwitterToday at 9:36 AM
Are we collecting advertising identifier even with ads and analytics disabled?
- The Android Guidelines on that topic can be found here: https://developer.android.com/training/articles/user-data-ids
- And more information here :
The actual PR fixing the problem in trunk is: https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/85118/_/cloud/analytics/corestats_fix
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Curves Editor crops big values
- Building Unity editor via CI results in "System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path" error
- [Editor] Side panel and graph divider gets stuck when dragged after selecting transition from Any State in Animator Window
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3